- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Circle of Confusion is merging with D/F Management to create a full service management and production company that will operate under the name of Circle of Confusion.
Confusion is known for its literary client list as The Wachowskis, Jon Spaihts, Max Landis, and Adam Goldberg, and for producing AMC’s The Walking Dead. It also reps comic creators Robert Kirkman and Brian Michael Bendis as well as publishers including IDW and Top Cow.
The banner’s principals include David Alpert, David Engel, and Lawrence Mattis.
D/F, run by Frank Frattaroli and Steve Dontanville, houses actors such as Frances McDormand, Willem Dafoe, Scott Speedman, Michelle Monaghan and Sarah Polley.
The blending will create a stronger and more diverse company with offices in Los Angeles and New York.
According to D/F, the merger will be a “perfect cultural fit” while Circle believes the new entity will “accelerate our producing activities.”
Circle has several percolating already. In addition to Walking Dead, Circle as Powers set up at FX while Chew is at Showtime. Bother are based on comic books series. It also set up Lore, with Dwayne Johnson attached to star, at Warner Bros. and is to exec produce New Line’s NWA bio-pic Straight Outta Compton.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day