- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Cena is back for Daddy’s Home 2, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The WWE star turned actor is joining the Paramount sequel, which is about to begin production in Boston and is set to hit theaters Nov. 10.
Cena, who appeared briefly in a cameo at the end of the 2015 comedy, will play a more prominent role in the second movie.
He joins returning stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in the Sean Anders follow-up, which will once again see the two types of father figures — the strong alpha male and the sensitive, caring type — go head-to-head. This time around, the palette is expanding to include an older generation, played by new additions Mel Gibson and John Lithgow.
Cena has transitioned into films with the comedies Trainwreck and Sisters. His upcoming films include Amazon’s thriller The Wall and Universal’s comedy The Pact. He is repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day