- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sportscaster Dan Patrick will make his game show host debut Sept. 24 with the premiere of Sports Jeopardy! on Crackle.
The Sony-owned digital network has ordered 52 episodes of the half-hour sports-centric show — a spinoff of the Sony-produced Jeopardy! — and new episodes will become available every Wednesday throughout the year.
Patrick, host of The Dan Patrick Show, said that Sports Jeopardy! has a “great starting lineup” and added that the show is “the only game show that rewards you for the hours you spend on your couch watching sports and being anti-social, so reward yourself, tune in, and play along.”
Sports Jeopardy! will include interactive components, including a 99-cent mobile app that will allow viewers to follow along with the show. Crackle says more than 30,000 people registered online to audition for the show over the summer.
The game show is one of Crackle’s newest series and joins the digital network’s growing slate of originals, which include Jerry Seinfeld hit Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and the upcoming Bryan Cranston-produced Tightrope. The original series complement Crackle’s library of television shows and films, including more than 100 titles from NBCUniversal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day