- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One of the most eye-catching things about DC/Vertigo’s long-running crime series 100 Bullets was always the cover art by Dave Johnson, which married strong character work with iconography that drew from the likes of Saul Bass and other period designers. For 100 Bullets‘ new deluxe hardcover collections, Johnson created five new covers that — when laid side-by-side — form one image telling the story of the entire series, and he’s shared the finished image online.
Sharing the image on Facebook yesterday, Johnson explained that he “didn’t lay this out all at the same time. I had an idea in my head, but I did them one at a time,” likening it to a game of Exquisite Corpse. “Glad it all worked out,” he added.
This isn’t the last time Johnson will work on a 100 Bullets project. Although the main series has been finished for some time, he is currently working on the covers for the Brother Lono spin-off series that started in June, and runs through January 2014.
Click here to see a full size of the image.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day