- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A coming-of-age tale set in 1964 New Jersey and focusing on a group of friends who form a rock band, the film stars Jack Huston, Will Brill, Bella Heathcote, Brad Garrett, Christopher McDonald, newcomer John Magaro and Sopranos Emmy winner James Gandolfini. The soundtrack is produced by Sopranos alum Steven Van Zandt.
Paramount Vantage will release the film Dec. 21.
“It’s a privilege to welcome David Chase to the New York Film Festival with his feature film debut,” said Rose Kuo, executive director of The Film Society of Lincoln Center. “Not Fade Away‘s fun, music-infused world created by Chase offers an endearing and complex portrait of a young man’s coming of age in the ’60s and features terrific work by an ensemble cast.”
Said Chase: “Not Fade Away is a personal film with a backdrop very important to me — a period in American music that was one of the best. To have the film debut at the NYFF exceeds my wildest dreams and the dreams of everyone associated with the movie.”
The 50th New York Film Festival runs Sept. 28 to Oct. 14.