- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cronenberg’s Method, which stars Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung, Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Keira Knightly as a mutual patient, will screen on Oct. 5. Sony Pictures Classics will release the film on Nov. 23.
Skin, Almodovar’s latest film, which sees the Spanish director reteaming with Antonio Banderas in a thriller set against the backdrop of plastic surgery, will play the festival Oct. 12, two days before its scheduled Oct. 14 release via SPC.
It’s the first time NYFF has hosted two galas in addition to its opening, closing and centerpiece events. Explained Rose Kuo, executive director of the Film Society of Lincoln Center, which produces the festival, “This year has seen a great deal of growth for us with the opening of our new Film Center and we are thrilled to continue the expansion at this year’s NYFF. We will be offering more screenings, panels, and family events as well as these two new marquee nights that feature highly anticipated fall films.”
The festival runs from Sept. 30 to Oct. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day