- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix has dropped the first trailer for his new crime series, set in 1979 inside the FBI’s serial crime unit. Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany star as FBI agents who interview imprisoned serial killers to try to solve ongoing cases. The cast also includes Anna Torv (Fringe) and Hannah Gross (Unless). Netflix premiered the trailer at an event in Berlin on Wednesday.
Based on the 1996 book Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, the project was originally developed at HBO via Fox 21. Fincher, Joshua Donen, Charlize Theron and Cean Chaffin serve as executive producers. The project marks Fincher’s first series for Netflix since House of Cards, the show that launched the streaming service as a content powerhouse.
In addition to Fincher, Mindhunter‘s cadre of directors includes Oscar-winner Asif Kapadia (Amy), Denmark’s Tobias Lindholm (A War) and Andrew Douglas (The Amityville Horror).
Mindhunter will premiere globally on Netflix in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day