- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Making a number of changes to its release calendar, 20th Century Fox has decided to put more distance between its upcoming Frankenstein pic and Universal’s Dracula Untold.
Frankenstein, starring James McAvoy as Victor Von Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe as Igor, was to have opened Oct. 17, 2014, two weeks after Dracula Untold hits theaters on Oct. 3. Now, Frankenstein won’t open until Jan. 16, 2015.
But that doesn’t mean Fox is abandoning October. In a twinned move, Fox has announced it will open David Fincher‘s high-profile thriller Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, on Oct. 3 and animated family film Book of Life on Oct. 17.
Fox is partnering with New Regency on Gone Girl, which is currently in production. The film, based on the novel of the same name by Gillian Flynn, is about a couple who move from New York to a small rural town only to have the wife go missing.
Fox Animation Studios is teaming with Guillermo del Toro and Reel FX on Book of Life. The animated pic was originally set to open Oct. 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day