- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you are the girl that rejected David Wain on the first day of school, you might want to close your ears.
Before he was in Stella and became a film director, Wain was a normal high school kid with a problematic nose. But he was also resourceful; as he told The Hollywood Reporter at Sunday’s Hollywood in the Hamptons event, he underwent a transformation that he thought would win the heart of his crush.
“I got [to school] and I thought that the girl that I really liked, who I missed all summer, would finally go out with me, because I had finally gotten a nose job,” he remembered. “And then she said I was still ugly.”
Don’t think he’s still pouting over it, though.
“Well, now I’m famous, so f— her,” he quipped.
On that note, Wain also discussed his upcoming new comedy, starring Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler, and addressed those Wet Hot American Summer sequel rumors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day