- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Parenthood star and his Veronica Mars-alum bride tied the knot at the Beverly Hills Courthouse on Oct. 17 for a modest sum, which included fuel, Shepard noted on Monday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Shepard said he was inspired to keep his nuptials simple when he attended Kimmel’s wedding this summer.
“Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing, ’cause it was flying out the windows, they were setting it on fire,” Shepard said of Kimmel’s ceremony, during which there were helicopters overhead. “I made a mental note when I watched that. I thought, ‘I’m gonna go a different route.’ ”
Shepard and Bell’s wedding was just them but they were later joined by friends who brought a cake on which they had written “The World’s Worst Wedding.”
“How many people can say they threw ‘The World’s Worst Wedding’?” Shepard asked.
In fact, he later realized that by recently returning a vacuum cleaner to Costco, for $210, he essentially got a free wedding.
But he does have a bit more money to spend, noting that he still doesn’t have a wedding ring.
For that he plans to return to Costco, where Kimmel purchased his ring for $340.
Watch Shepard’s interview with Kimmel below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day