- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This summer’s DC Universe: Rebirth didn’t just connect the comic book universe of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman with the dystopian world of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen — it did so in a way that subtly echoed the 1986 comic book classic, as the upcoming Rebirth reissue makes clear.
In the exclusive excerpt from DC Universe: Rebirth No. 1 Deluxe Edition below, the influence (and reference) that Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank took from the Moore/Gibbons work is highlighted. The new edition of the best-selling comic book — which had already gone through multiple printings since its original release in May — also highlights sequences where Frank’s artwork follows layouts and templates from Watchmen during important scenes.
Other extra features in the new hardcover edition include cover artwork for each of the reprint editions, as well as character designs for a number of important heroes in the Rebirth line by creators including Jim Lee, Jorge Jiminez and Greg Capullo.
DC Universe: Rebirth No. 1 Deluxe Edition will be released Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day