- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Demi Lovato, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker and CeCe Winans teamed up to sing The Beatles’ classic “With a Little Help From My Friends” for the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief Telethon telethon Tuesday night.
Performing with their backs to the Grand Ole Opry House audience in Nashville, Tenn., while facing their band and the cameras, the quartet ripped through the song with Paisley on his Fender telecaster throughout.
Following the performance, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw spoke to the audience at home, recalling when that same theater was under water from the 2010 flooding in Tennessee.
“Seven years ago this legendary Grand Ole Opry stage we’re standing on tonight was under water after historic flooding here in Nashville,” said McGraw.
“Since then this city has risen in remarkable ways, so tonight we are honored to stand hand in hand with our friends all over America to help others in Texas, Florida, the Caribbean and wherever help is needed to rise up again,” said Hill.
“As Americans, let’s all keep this circle unbroken,” added McGraw.
Watch the telethon here.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day