- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Multiplatinum-selling singer, songwriter and actress Demi Lovato is lending her acting and musical talents to 3QU Media’s upcoming animated theatrical feature film Charming.
Lovato will not only voice the female lead Lenore, but also will executive produce the film’s music score, producer John H. Williams (Shrek, Valiant, and Space Chimps) announced yesterday.
“3QU Media’s goal is to produce mainstream animated family films with elements of comedy, adventure, romance and personal inspiration,” said Williams. “Demi’s contributions will help make Charming a cross-platform hit film.”
The animated comedy, directed by Ross Venokur from his original script, reinvents the stories of three familiar princesses — Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty — in the unfamiliar plot twist of all being engaged to Prince Charming.
Venokur also directed the CG-animated film Animal Crackerz, which stars John Leguziamo, John Cleese and Wil Forte.
Lovato’s latest album, Demi, hit No. 1 on iTunes in over 50 countries around the world. Just 10 weeks after its launch, lead single “Heart Attack” received platinum status.
Charming is a 3QU Media Production of a Vanguard Animation film in connection with WVE.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day