- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Demi Moore is ending her six-year marriage to Ashton Kutcher.
Rumors of the split had been circulating for months, and the actress confirmed it Thursday in a statement to the Associated Press, “It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Hit-and-Miss May-December Marriages
“As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.
She asked for “compassion” from the media and the public when dealing with the news, “This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation.”
PHOTOS: Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher and Hollywood’s Biggest Fantasy Football Fans
Kutcher tweeted Thursday, “I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK.”
Moore, 49, and Kutcher, 33, were married in 2005, two years after they began dating.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day