- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lovelace sees Amanda Seyfried as the woman who starred in one of the most famous pornographic movies of all time, Deep Throat. The ensemble cast includes Peter Sarsgaard as her husband, Chuck Traynor, and Hank Azaria as Jerry Damiano, the director of Deep Throat. Also in the cast are Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Romeo Brown and Robert Patrick. James Franco is set for a cameo as Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.
Brody has been tapped to play Lovelace’s Deep Throat co-star Harry Reems while Roberts will play lie detector expert Nat Laurendi.
Steinem became a face of the women’s movement in the late 1960s and early 1970s as a social activist, journalist and co-founder of Ms. magazine. She was a major critic of all forms of pornography and wrote a profile of Lovelace for Ms. detailing how the actress was coerced and beaten into making porn.
Heidi Jo Markel of Eclectic Pictures, Laura Rister and Jason Weinberg of Untitled Entertainment, and Jim Young of Animus Films are producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day