- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Demi Moore was taken to a Los Angeles hospital Monday night.
As reported by TMZ, the 49-year-old actress was taken in following a 911 call placed around 10:45 p.m. The outlet cites substance abuse as the reason for Moore’s hospitalization.
A rep for Moore released the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter about the actress’ condition as of Tuesday evening: “Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends.”
Moore, who was recently cast to play Gloria Steinem in the Linda Lovelace biopic, filed for divorce from Ashton Kutcher in November.
“It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton,” she said in a statement at the time. “As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.”
Moore has kept a relatively low profile since the announcement, and hasn’t been active on her Twitter account since Jan. 7.
She has three daughters — Rumer, Scout, Tallulah — with ex-husband Bruce Willis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day