- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
When Russell Brand staged a walkout at Golden Bridge yoga studio Jan. 22 — claiming its owner, famed yogini Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, wouldn’t let Brand’s teacher Tej out of her contract — he took classmate Demi Moore, a 30-year friend of Gurmukh, with him, plus half the class. Now it’s looking as if Brand might set up Tej in her own studio.
The instructor sent out a blast Jan. 27 saying she’s teaching at a spot called Nine Treasures Yoga in a space at Sunset Bronson Studios.
Admits a longtime friend of Golden Bridge: “The fact is, Gurmukh runs hot and cold with people. She used to be tight with Courtney Love, Cindy Crawford and Flea, but no more.”
None of the parties involved returned calls for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day