- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ACLU shared a video of past Oscar nominee Demian Bichir offering tips and advice on immigrant rights on its official Twitter account on Saturday afternoon.
The actor, who was born in Mexico City and holds dual Mexican and American citizenship, offered advice in the short video in his native Spanish. “Remember, you have rights,” said Bichir. “You are under no obligation to open the door. If the agents want to enter, ask them for a court order signed by a judge.”
“The most important thing is for you not to lie or produce false documents,” said Bichir. “Finally, make sure you don’t sign anything without talking to a lawyer first.”
The ACLU has been outspoken in its defiance of President Donald Trump’s recent “immigration ban.” Many in Hollywood are standing in unison with the organization, such as talent agency UTA, which recently announced it would cancel its annual Oscar party in lieu of a fundraiser for the ACLU.
Watch Bichir’s video below.
Demián Bichir: What To Do If Immigration Agents Are At Your Door pic.twitter.com/mYdBYG06qY
— ACLU National (@ACLU) February 11, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day