- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Democratic National Committee is expanding its Sept. 9 Hancock Park fundraiser with Barack Obama to include a reception and photo line with the president for those who donate $5,000 to the party, and raise an additional $20,000 from others, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Earlier this week, DNC deputy finance director Charlie Johnson co-authored an
e-mail with Los Angeles Democratic fundraiser Lindsay Rachelefsky inviting a select number of high-dollar donors to attend a $32,400-per-person “off the cuff” roundtable discussion with the president at the home of Friends co-creater Marta Kauffman and her husband, composer Michael Skloff. The number of people at that event is being capped at 35.
With the lower-dollar reception added before the exclusive one-hour Q&A session, the event is expected to raise well over $1.2 million.
While in Los Angeles, President Obama also is expected to address attendees of the national AFL-CIO convention.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day