- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — In one of the largest deals likely to come out of the European Film Market, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquistions is negotiating to pick up rights to most of the world for Denzel Washington–Mark Wahlberg starrer Two Guns.
Universal has U.S. distribution rights to the project, which is being shopped at EFM by Mark Damon’s Foresight Films.
Contraband’s Baltasar Kormakur is directing the film, which reteams him with Wahlberg.
The market only got under way Thursday, and by midday, the comic-book adaptation was drawing heated interest among foreign disributors, but by the day’s end, Sony Worldwide had emerged the front-runner. The company is expected to get distribution rights to most international territories.
Based on the Boom! Studios graphic novel by writer Steven Grant and artist Mat Santolouco, the story follows a naval intelligatence naval and DEA agent who are unwittingly pitted against each other.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day