- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Denzel Washington is in talks to reteam with his Training Day director Antoine Fuqua for a Magnificent Seven remake, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
THR reported last week that Fuqua had received an offer to helm the Western at MGM. That led to overtures to Washington, who is now in early talks with the studio.
RELATED: Antoine Fuqua Gets Offers to Direct ‘Narco Sub,’ ‘Magnificent Seven’ and ‘Equalizer 2’
Nic Pizzolatto (True Detective) and John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side) wrote drafts of the script, which at one point had Tom Cruise attached. In more recent months, MGM had been eyeing Brad Pitt as a possible lead.
If deals close for Washington and Fuqua, it could push Fox’s Narco Sub to the back burner (Fuqua also has an offer to direct that film).
Washington and Fuqua more recently teamed for Sony’s big-screen adaptation of The Equalizer.
Washington is repped by WME. Fuqua is handled by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day