- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson took their Zoolander 2 promotional tour to Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update on Saturday.
In character as Derek Zoolander and Hansel, the pair joined Colin Jost and Michael Che to critique the fashion choices made by the GOP and Democratic frontrunners.
“Listen, Colin, we’re not here to talk about fashion,” said Wilson in character as Hansel. “We’re here to talk about the one thing everyone wants to hear male models talk about: Politics.”
What about politics? The fashion, of course.
Zoolander (Stiller), who said he skipped the “Iowa couscous” because he doesn’t eat carbs, likened Hillary Clinton’s style to that of Kim Jong-un’s and said Bernie Sanders shops in the “99 percent off” section of J.C. Penney.
Referring to Ted Cruz as “Tom Cruise,” the pair said the GOP presidential candidate’s style was “Mission: Impossible … for his stylist.”
But the duo said they loved Donald Trump for his classic male-model looks: “Orange Mocha Crapaccino,” “Hot Mess” and “Second Place.”
The episode, hosted by Larry David, also saw a guest appearance from Bernie Sanders.
Watch the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day