- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dermot Mulroney is in negotiations to join Zac Efron and Robert De Niro in Dirty Grandpa, the comedy from QED and Lionsgate penned by John Phillips.
Dan Mazer, who’s worked with Sacha Baron Cohen on Borat, Bruno and The Dictator as a writer, is directing. Barry Josephson is producing.
Efron will play a young man who is tricked into driving his grandfather (De Niro), a perverted former Army general who thinks his grandson is about to marry the wrong woman, to Florida for spring break.
Mulroney will play Efron’s father and De Niro’s son.
Shooting is due to begin later this month.
Mulroney recently wrapped a starring turn in horror project Insidious: Chapter 3. He is repped by WME and Jackoway Tyerman.
Read more Golden Globe Parties: The Complete Guide
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Stories Behind Whitney Houston’s Unreleased Gospel Songs: “She Left Healing Music for the World”
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize