- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When The Descendants’ writers Jim Rash & Nat Faxon received their Oscar, with Alexander Payne, for best adapted screenplay, they stuck out their legs much like their presenter, Anjelina Jolie had, in her slit-up-to-there Atelier Versace black velvet tiered gown.
Well, the Internet went crazy with the idea that these guys were mocking Jolie and her brash sexy pose, which really seemed like she was having fun with her own sexy image. Jolie isn’t usually one to stick her legs out, or even show them often at awards shows or otherwise.
Faxon’s reaction backstage to the idea that the team was making fun of her: “Angelina’s supremely hot. There’s no way to do anything but honor her.”
Rash, who also stars on NBC’s Community, added, “I had just seen her pose and thought it was bold and fun. And you know what? We have exactly the same legs! Really, it was a loving tribute and nothing but.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day