- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Most fashionistas wouldn’t think rural Alabama could produce much of consequence when it comes to style, but designer Billy Reid — worn by Reese Witherspoon and Daniel Craig, among others — has turned that notion on its head by hosting a chic weekend called Shindig No. 7, which brings together clothes, food and music.
Beginning Thursday, Aug. 27 and running through Sunday, Aug .30, Florence, Ala. is the place for a jam-packed itinerary that any Southern style-savant could appreciate. It’s punctuated by photography installations, warehouse sales, a fashion education panel — featuring not only Reid and actress/singer Karen Elson but also super stylists Jenny Ricker (Nat Wolff, Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Kemal Harris (Robin Wright) — a slew of dinners and lunches, and film screenings.
Read more Miley Cyrus Finds New Use for Weed
In addition, CFDA members and designers Ryan Roche, Eva Zuckerman and Marcia Patmos each designed a limited-edition T-shirt in honor of the weekend, proceeds from which will benefit the Muscle Shoals community development. Elson is winding down Saturday night with a candlelit performance, while the weekend’s headliner is promised to be an epic surprise. Think of it as a more intimate, down-home fashion week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day