- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In Cannes for the annual Calvin Klein Women Celebrate Film party with the Independent Film Project (IFP) — this year honoring Rooney Mara, Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts and Lupita Nyong’o — the designer talked to The Hollywood Reporter on the eve of the brand’s fourth annual event May 16.
Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s Downtown fragrance. What is it like working with her?
Rooney has a pure yet edgy sense of style. She knows herself very well, and she is very self-assured.
What was behind the choice of the Parc Camille Amelie location?
We like to choose a di?erent location each year that we hope will surprise our guests. We like to ?nd unique venues, and we don’t like to use the same locations.
Your fall and pre-fall collections have a lot of knits in them and texture: fuzzy chunky knits, fuller trousers, unique footwear. What was your inspiration?
I focused on cozy yet luxurious knitwear. The charming silhouettes and youthful naivete seen throughout were inspired by photographer Loretta Lux‘s portraits of children. I also explored a lot of unique and innovative textures, which were in?uenced by the soft and plush subjects of Mike Kelley‘s nostalgic works.
This interview first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter‘s Cannes Daily Day 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day