- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, choreographer Mary Murphy (So You Think You Can Dance) and plastic surgeon Leif Rogers will be honored at the second annual Broadway & Beyond event. The variety show and fund-raiser benefits the weSPARK Cancer Support Center and is set for Sept. 26 at the Alex Theatre in Glendale.
The Sherman Oaks-based weSPARK Cancer Support Center, founded in 2001, is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for cancer patients, their families and friends.
“This fund-raising effort helps weSPARK keep our services completely free of charge for cancer patients and their families,” said weSPARK’s executive director Nancy Allen.
Produced and directed by Barbara Epstein, Broadway & Beyond will feature performances by Billy Gardell (CBS’ Mike & Molly), Tony Award winner John Lloyd Young (Jersey Boys) and Wayne Brady (Let’s Make a Deal). American Idol finalist Allison Iraheta and percussion group Rhythm Extreme also are set to perform. Showtime is 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available at 818.243.ALEX or at www.alextheatre.org.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade