- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Kevin Rahm said goodbye to Desperate Housewives at Sunday’s wrap party in Los Angeles, he and his fiancé, Amy Lonkar, were just one day into their new marriage.
The couple wed on Saturday and celebrated with 200 friends and family at a soundstage in Burbank. “Our theme was country chic,” Rahm, 41, tells The Hollywood Reporter at the ABC party held at Hollywood’s The W Hotel.
“We had linens on the table, carnival lights, a bluegrass band, and an ice cream truck,” Rahm adds about the “full-on hootenanny” as he describes it. “And we had barbecue and we had karaoke.”
“It was a blast,” Amy, a cardio-thoracic surgeon at the University of Southern California, adds. “It was wonderful. It could not have been better. It was excellent. We sang karaoke, we danced all night. It was perfect.”
The couple had been dating for more than five years and plan to start their honeymoon on Monday.
Rahm has played gay neighbor Lee McDermott on Desperate Housewives since 2007. This season, he also appeared as Jack on Fox’s new comedy, I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The series was pulled from the schedule in late-March with a summer return planned. He’s also well known for the role of Kyle on CBS’ Judging Amy.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day