- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While jewel-encrusted earrings and necklaces (hello, Lady Gaga!) were out in full force at the Oscars, a number of stars sought to make a statement with their hair accessories. From a Fendi scrunchie to vintage brooches repurposed as a headpiece, here’s what caught our eye.
Stylist Kate Young adorned The Favourite star Rachel Weisz with a headband crafted from two matching vintage Cartier diamond and platinum brooches from 1903, sewn into the nominee’s hair. “I love the modernity and romance of them on her head,” says Young, who was presented by Cartier with a number of museum pieces from which she could choose.
Meanwhile, hairstylist Justine Marjan pulled back model Ashley Graham’s hair into a sleek bun and covered it with custom velvet bow pins by Jennifer Behr.
The Brooklyn-based designer’s barrettes were also sported by Eighth Grade star Elsie Fisher, who pinned back her side-parted blunt bob for an effortlessly cool look to match her three-piece grosgrain-tipped Thom Browne mohair tuxedo.
And Aquaman‘s Jason Momoa, wearing a custom pale pink velvet Fendi suit designed by Silvia Venturini Fendi, wore a matching scrunchie around his wrist.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day