- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Style icon and designer Diane von Furstenberg is peeling back the layers of her fashion empire with Thursday’s announcement of a reality TV show, in partnership with E!
Set to debut in late 2014, The DVF Project (a working title) centers on von Furstenberg’s quest to select one ambitious young woman to fill the shoes of the brand’s first-ever “Global Ambassador” role. Cameras will follow a group of hopefuls as they navigate their way through New York and the fashion-world waters, over the course of the weeks-long job interview. Contestants will also be mentored by the celebrated designer throughout the process, a noted champion for women looking to turn their dreams into reality.
The journey will provide a glimpse into the inner workings of the fashion house as contestants go head to head for the winning spot, attending DVF-sponsored events around the globe, meeting celebrities (gasp!), and producing charity events.
This isn’t the first time von Furstenberg has dipped her toe in the reality show world: MTV’s The City (a spinoff from The Hills) followed Whitney Port as she moved to New York to work for DVF, and then later debuted her clothing line Whitney Eve. And we all know how that worked out for her, don’t we?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day