- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Raven-Symone has appeared to confirm rumors of her sexuality, tweeting Friday: “I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you.”
The 27-year-old actress, who starred on The Cosby Show and the Disney Channel series That’s So Raven, posted the message more than a month after the Supreme Court declared The Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.
She has since retweeted several responses from her nearly 450,000 followers, including one from a user who wrote: “Can I have your spot in the Cheetah Girls? Disney might not like you anymore.”
Raven-Symone’s publicist did not immediately respond to THR‘s requests for comment.
The star, who made her Broadway debut last year as the lead in Sister Act, has recently stoked speculation of her sexuality on social media. “My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I’m dating to know. I’m not one for a public display of my life,” she tweeted in May 2012.
I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you
— Raven-Symonè (@MissRavenSymone) August 2, 2013
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Women in Entertainment