- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Gerard Depardieu is heading for a sex scandal à la Abel Ferrara with the French actor set to star in a Dominique Strauss-Kahn inspired film, Ferrara told French newspaper Le Monde. Ferrara said that Isabelle Adjani would co-star as Strauss-Kahn’s wife Anne Sinclair.
The film has been circulating the rumor mill for months, but Wild Bunch had refused to confirm the project.
“Vincent doesn’t want to talk about the project, that’s normal, he’s the producer. But I’m the director! No one can stop me from talking about my movie,” Ferrara said of Wild Bunch topper Vincent Maraval.
Ferrara said the film will be shot in New York, Washington and in France, “in all spots of power in fact: it’s a film about rich and powerful people.”
The director is in Paris promoting his film Go Go Tales. Neither Adjani nor Depardieu’s camps have confirmed their participation in the film and Maraval told Le Monde: “It’s true that we’d like Abel to shoot in June, but he has four projects in mind and we haven’t made up our minds yet.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day