- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The sitcom is inspired by the the 2012 Playboy article “Sugar on Top” by John H. Richardson about sugar babies and sugar daddies negotiating the terms of sex, love and money. Ten half-hour episodes will air on DirecTV’s Audience Network and will feature two parties, one of which is a suburban married couple.
The comedy builds on the relationship between eOne and DirecTV that originated with the suspense drama Rogue, starring Cole Hauser, Richard Schiff and Thandie Newton, now in its third season. EOne will finance, produce and distribute You Me Her worldwide, with Gerard Bocaccio, senior vp U.S. scripted development, overseeing the project for the studio.
Shepherd will executive produce and showrun. His TV credits include Save Me and The Days. Playboy’s Alta Loma Entertainment’s Peter Jaysen also will executive produce, along with Alan Gasmer (Vikings).
The producers said You Me Her marks the first time a Playboy article has inspired a scripted TV series. Shepherd is represented by Paradigm and McKuin Frankel Whitehead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day