- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Discovery Channel has ordered two new unscripted series to join its slate.
Extreme Smuggling, a four-part series about the underground world of drug smuggling, animal trafficking and illegal gun trading, and Shipwreck Men, about modern-day pirates, will debut on the cable network Monday, Jan. 14.
Smuggling, kicking off the evening at 8 p.m., will be partially shot from the point of view of the smugglers themselves and will reveal the often bizarre and disturbing ways criminals try to feed the demand for drugs, exotic animals and guns.
Following Smuggling at 9 p.m., Men follows pirates patrolling the southern Florida coast, with their main targets being boats in distress.
Smuggling is produced by Discovery Studios, with Eddie Barini and Craig Coffman executive producing. Sydney Clover is associate producer.
Men is produced by Discovery Studios, with Rob Hammersley executive producing with Discovery’s David Pritikin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day