- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Denise Contis has been tapped as senior vice president of production and development for Discovery Channel.
She will be based in the Los Angeles office and report to Nancy Daniels, Discovery’s executive vice president of production and development.
In her new position, Contis will oversee executive programming strategies and coordinating with independent producers and external production companies. She will also work internally with production management, legal and business affairs, finance, international networks, communications, online, advertising and promotion.
“Denise is one of the hardest working, most tenacious, collaborative and creative people I’ve worked with. I am thrilled to have her on board at Discovery Channel to help steer us to continued buzz and success,” said Daniels.
Contis was previously the vice president of production at TLC and oversaw Sarah Palin’s Alaska, Say Yes to the Dress franchise and Police Women. She also worked at ABC Studios, CBS, Lifetime, NBC, Buena Vista and her own independent production company TUK Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day