- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 40th edition of the Edinburgh International Television Festival will feature a strong contingent from U.S. cable networks.
Announced Tuesday, the event’s guests will include Showtime president David Nevins, FX president John Landgraf, new Discovery Channel president Rich Ross and HBO exec vp Michael Ellenberg. Under a new strand called “U.S. Gamechangers,” these four are set to be interviewed by key U.K. counterparts including Channel 4’s chief creative office Jay Hunt and Sky1 head Stuart Murphy.
category you do, I’m going to try to defy it.””]
Other sessions include two major keynote interviews with Google UK vp Matt Brittin and Amazon Studios director Roy Price. Amazon will also be offering the UK premiere of its new TV drama Hand of God, directed by Marc Forster (Monster’s Ball, World War Z), who will also be attending.
As previously announced, Sherlock exec producer and TV veteran Beryl Vertue will receive the festival’s inaugural lifetime achievement award.
The Edinburgh International Television Festival will run Aug. 26-28 in the Scottish capital.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day