- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Discovery Communications unveiled a slate of new and returning series for its cable networks, including flagships Discovery Channel and TLC, on Thursday.
Ahead of its upfront presentation here later in the day, it also said that the Military Channel will broaden its brand to include events and people that shaped history.
Among a handful of new shows on the Discovery Channel is Mark Burnett’s Alaska and classic car restoration series Fast and Loud. The other new shows are Top Engineer and One Car Too Far.
TLC’s new shows include such series as American Wifestyles (working title) about wives across America, Bates Family Series (working title) about a couple with 19 kids, workplace docu-soap Big Brooklyn Style about a plus-size designer, Big Tiny: Life With the Jordans about the world’s smallest siblings and Breaking Amish (working title), which follows five Amish men and women and one Mennonite woman as they decide to either join the church and fully embrace the Amish and Mennonite lifestyle or leave for good.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day