- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney announced two promotions on Thursday, with the appointment of Sean Cocchia as new senior vice president, business operations and general manager, at Disney Channels Worldwide.
Previously holding the title of SVP and GM of Radio Disney, his old position now goes to VP Phil Guerini.
“Sean is a brilliant strategist and a strong manager, with an incredible perspective on our global businesses,” Disney Channels Worldwide president and CCO Gary Marsh said. “He will be an invaluable partner as we build DCWW for the future.”
Cocchia will work with Marsh in his new position, strategizing the direction of the company’s portfolio of brands.
Guerini, previously Radio Disney’s marketing VP, assumes Cocchia’s old duties of managing the network’s multiple platforms, including 31 owned terrestrial radio stations, satellite radio, iTunes and mobile apps.
“Phil is held in high esteem throughout our business and has a strong track record of driving growth through innovation,” Cocchia said of his colleague and replacement. “I’m confident that he’ll apply that same insight and energized leadership to his new role and will drive Radio Disney forward as we continue to grow our connection with kids and families in their cars, homes and on the go with mobile devices.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day