- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Disney Channel star Debby Ryan has joined the cast of New Line’s Melissa McCarthy comedy Life of the Party.
The actress joins McCarthy and a cast that includes Maya Rudolph, Gillian Jacobs and Animal Kingdom star Molly Gordon.
The plot is described as being in the vein of the Rodney Dangerfield hit Back to School (1986), a comedy about a crass partier who joins his son at college.
Ryan will play a villain of sorts, a “mean girl” head of a sorority.
McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone, is directing the movie, which has a script by the married duo. The pair are producing the project with Chris Henchy (Daddy’s Home).
Filming is set to begin later this month in Atlanta with an eye toward a May 11, 2018, release.
Ryan is best known for starring in The Suite Life on Deck and, more recently, Jessie, on which she played a nanny to four rambunctious children in New York City. She also appeared on NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura opposite Debra Messing.
Ryan is repped by CAA, Industry Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment
Women in Entertainment 2022