- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Karen K. Miller has been promoted to executive director of worldwide programming strategy, acquisitions and co-productions for Disney Channels Worldwide, it was announced Wednesday.
Miller, who works across the Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior channels worldwide, reports to Paul DeBenedittis, senior vice president of programming, scheduling, multi-platform, acquisitions and co-productions for Disney Channels Worldwide.
“Karen is a true programmer and global partner, with a great eye for content and a drive for strategy,” said DeBenedittis.
In her hew position, she will be responsible for directing the development of overall scheduling strategies to ensure regional and local programming plans are consistent with global properties. Miller will also oversee global acquisitions process, sourcing live-action and animated series/movies, and will steer co-production opportunities for Disney Channels Worldwide.
She joined Disney Channel in last year as director of acquisitions and co-productions. Previously, she worked at Atlantyca Entertainment, was animation associate producer on The Simpsons Movie and worked for 18 years at Warner Bros.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day