- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney Channels Worldwide has promoted Karen K. Miller to vp programming strategy, acquisitions and co-productions, it was announced Thursday by Paul DeBenedittis, senior vp programming strategy. Miller will report to DeBenedittis.
In her new position, the Burbank-based Miller will continue to direct the development of overall scheduling strategies to ensure regional and local programming plans are consistent with global priorities. She also oversees the global acquisitions process, sourcing live-action and animated series and movies worldwide for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. She also steers co-production opportunities, from creative development and production, for Disney Channels Worldwide, and is the lead representative for TV and entertainment markets.
“Karen is both strategic and creative and is highly respected for her expertise and unfailing work ethic. Her leadership greatly contributes to the success of our kids TV business and this well deserved promotion recognizes that fact,” said DeBenedittis.
She previously held the executive director title. Prior to joining Disney Channels Worldwide, Miller worked at Atlantyca Entertainment, was an animation associate producer on The Simpsons Movie and spent 18 years at Warner Bros.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day