- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Walt Disney and Steven Spielberg‘s DreamWorks are the latest Hollywood partners of You On Demand, the video-on-demand provider in China led by former World Wrestling Entertainment executive Shane McMahon, the New York Times reported.
Under the agreement, Disney Media Distribution, which handles films made by Walt Disney Studios and DreamWorks Studios, will start making such films as War Horse, The Muppets and Cars 2 in the company’s 3 million cable homes. Library titles like Mary Poppins are also included, according to the Times.
Financial details weren’t disclosed.
You On Demand has national reach thanks to a 20-year arrangement with the pay TV division of the CCTV-6 network. The company previously struck content deals with Warner Bros. and Lionsgate.
McMahon used to be executive vp of global media for WWE, which is run by his father Vince.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day