- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 1992 animated movie, in which Williams voiced Genie, is set to air on Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior on Saturday, Sunday and early Monday. The role was one of Williams’ most memorable performances and has been cited by many fans mourning his death.
Several channels in Europe have already planned to air Williams’ movies to honor the late actor-comedian, who committed suicide earlier this week.
The movie’s composer, Alan Menken, remembered Williams In Billboard Friday as “a brilliant, adorable, hilarious, compassionate, vulnerable manifestation of the human condition.” In his piece for The Hollywood Reporter‘s sister publication, Menken says he was worried Williams wouldn’t be able to capture the Harlem jazz singer-like nature of Genie, as the character was originally conceived, but was impressed by the actor’s approach.
A full list of Aladdin‘s air times is below.
Saturday, Aug. 16 (9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel
Sunday, Aug. 17 (11:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD
Sunday, Aug. 17 (6:00 p.m., ET/PT) and Monday, Aug. 18 (11:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney Junior
Aug. 15, 12:54 p.m. This story has been updated to include Alan Menken’s Billboard piece remembering Williams.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day