- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Dark Horse will expand its relationship with Walt Disney Animation this fall with a brand-new graphic novel based on the 1992 animated feature Aladdin, but don’t expect to see the boy thief or his favorite genie — as the title suggests, Disney Princess: Jasmine’s New Pet focuses on the Sultan’s daughter and her favorite tiger.
Part of Dark Horse Comics’ Disney line, the book is a young reader graphic novel that tells the story of the friendship between the Aladdin princess and the tiger Rajah, even though Rajah has a tough time learning to obey the rules of staying in the Sultan’s palace. The 48-page book will also include story-related activities and special features.
Jasmine’s New Pet will be written and drawn by illustrator and 2012 White House Champion of Change Nidhi Chanani, whose previous eforts includes work for Hasbro, Paramount and Disney, as well as the graphic novel Pashmina for First Second.
Previous Disney titles from Dark Horse include a Disney Frozen miniseries, two Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 projects and a Disney Zootopia graphic novel.
The $7.99 title is set to be released Oct. 10 and is available for preorder at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and comic book stores.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day