- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At the D23 Expo in Anaheim on Saturday, Disney revealed a first look at Emma Stone in character as Cruella de Vil in Cruella, a live-action interpretation of the villain from 1961’s 101 Dalmatians.
The film, helmed by I, Tonya director Craig Gillespie, also stars Emma Thompson. In Disney’s tweet sharing the photo, Stone appears with Cruella’s signature two-shade hair color, accompanied by several Dalmatian dogs. Her henchmen stand in the background.
Here’s your first look at Emma Stone as Cruella de Vil in Disney’s Cruella. The film, also starring Emma Thompson, Paul Walter Hauser, and Joel Fry, comes to theaters May 28, 2021. #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/fvRntdIVar
— Disney (@Disney) August 24, 2019
The film is billed as an origin story set in the 1980s, following a young, punk-ish Cruella de Vil. The character, known for kidnapping puppies to use their fur to make luxury coats, was last portrayed on the big screen by Glenn Close in the 1996 adaptation of 101 Dalmatians.
Disney confirmed that Cruella is set for release May 28, 2021.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day