- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Look at the size of those things!
Disney got fans all in a tizzy Thursday when the latest construction update for Star Wars Land was released. Among the sights and sounds at the highly anticipated Star Wars Land — one in the Orlando park and one in the Anaheim park — will be full-sized AT-AT walkers.
“We’re also creating two incredible new signature attractions: one that lets guests take the controls of Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance,” the company said in a statement on its official theme park blog.
On a call with investors last month, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed the Star Wars Land attraction will open in 2019, the same year as Star Wars: Episode IX, the final chapter in the current “Skywalker Saga,” is set to hit theaters.
Last summer, Disney released concept art for the area, a 14-acre attraction, which will be the largest-ever single-themed expansion at Disneyland, according to the company. Full-sized ships, including the Millennium Falcon, were featured in the art.
Disney broke ground for each park’s Star Wars Land last April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day