- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney is in early development on Wild City, a CG/live-action hybrid that The End of the Tour helmer James Ponsoldt will write and direct.
The project is based on Ponsoldt’s original concept, and explores the adventures of Los Angeles’ wild animals.
Ponsoldt also will produce the project. Louie Provost is overseeing it for Disney
This is Ponsoldt’s first big studio gig after building up a strong career in the indie world. His 2012 drama Smashed, which starred Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Aaron Paul, won Sundance’s U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Excellence in Independent Film Producing.
Ponsoldt then directed the beloved 2013 indie The Spectacular Now, starring Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller, which won the Special Jury Award for Acting at Sundance. He also helmed The End of the Tour (2015), starring Jason Segel as David Foster Wallace.
Most recently, Ponsoldt wrote and directed The Circle, based on the 2013 novel of the same name by Dave Eggers and starring Tom Hanks, Emma Watson, and John Boyega. He is repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day