- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney has multiple magical kingdoms in its portfolio, with just the lands of its animated features providing ample fodder for exploration — a task taken up by an upcoming release from Dark Horse Comics in the upcoming Disney Storied Places hardcover collection.
The hardcover anthology features original stories by creators including Rhona Cleary, Tea Orsi, Valeria Orlando and more, set across the various locations of Disney and Pixar projects, including Peter Pan, The Lion King, Zootopia and Up, to name just a few. The stories will feature iconic Disney and Pixar characters as they explore their surroundings.
The 152-page anthology continues Dark Horse Comics’ relationship with Walt Disney Animation, which launched last year with releases based on Disney’s Frozen, The Incredibles 2 and Zootopia. Since then, the Oregon-based publisher has released titles based on Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Little Mermaid, Dumbo and more, with books tying into Aladdin, Toy Story 4 and The Lion King on tap for later this year.
Disney Storied Places will be released Sept. 4 in comic book stores, with a bookstore release scheduled for Sept. 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day