- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney XD has ordered live-action comedy series Crash & Bernstein.
The series, created by Eric Friedman (Austin &Ally, I’m in the Band) centers on 14-year-old Wyatt Bernstein, the only son among four kids, who gets his dream of having a loud-mouthed brother when his puppet Crash comes to life. The multicamera series will begin production in Los Angeles in May for a fall 2012 launch on the kids cable network.
“Full of unpredictable wit, Crash & Bernstein is another testament to Disney XD’s commitment to providing unique original programming for boys and their quest for discovery, adventure and humor,” said Adam Bonnett, senior vice president, original programming for Disney Channel. “The series offers a fresh take on the typical buddy comedy and brings together an everyday kid and his ‘know no limits’ puppet as they navigate life’s adventures.”
Tim Lagasse stars as Crash. The pilot was directed by Bruce Leddy (Mad TV) and is an It’s A Laugh production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day