- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney revealed that parts of the Disneyland park in Anaheim, California will be closed to make room for the Star Wars-themed land they are building.
On Jan. 10, 2016, parts of the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad train will suspend operations. Temporarily closing is Fantasmic, the Mark Twain Riverboat, the Sailing Ship Columbia cruise of Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island and Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes.
Big Thunder Ranch is closing permanently as of Jan. 10.
“These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance,” said Disney chairman Robert Iger when he first announced news of the Star Wars-themed sections.
The 14-acre parks will feature humanoids, aliens and droids. There will be Star Wars-themed lands in both Disneyland and Orlando’s Hollywood Studios. Groundbreaking construction is expected to begin in 2016.
Disneyland is holding a “Season of the Force” event starting Nov. 16 of this year to get fans excited for the upcoming new rides.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day